Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Reality Bites

No, this post isn't going to be about one of my all-time favorite '90s movies. (Which I might add, I was terribly disappointed that not one person knew the answer to my movie trivia quiz when I quoted Ethan Hawke from Reality Bites on my FnF Facebook page. Really, guys?) Let the bitchfest begin. 

Ethan Hawke is a foxxx though, isn't he? Sigh. An.y.way. I woke up this morning at 7:30 with a long to-do list to tackle. Want to know how many things I have crossed off that list? Zero. Zilch. Nada. Some of things are as simple as making a phone call, and for whatever reason I just cannot bring myself to do anything. I've watched the Today Show, a bad soap opera, two King of Queens episodes, and now I've got Everybody Loves Raymond reruns on the tube. Oh, and I believe Dr. Phil is on in a few minutes! Needless to say, I feel pathetic and depressed. Peter Boyle isn't even making me laugh right now, if that gives you an idea of how low I am feeling. 

I'm sure most of you are hard at work or off enjoying a fabulous, well-deserved holiday vacation. My boyfriend mentioned possibly taking a trip for New Year's, and I don't even feel up to it. I don't feel worthy of being whisked away anywhere

Geeze, I don't know what happened to me. I was feeling quite optimistic after writing this post about my future dream jobs last week. Anyone else feeling a bit down now that the holidays are over? Bah Humbug! Don't worry though, I'll pull myself out of it one way or another. The old Ellen WILL resurface again soon!

5 comments:

  1. I understand what you're living sooo much!
    Why don't you wait for the new year and then start doing what you have to. It's ok to take a fews days for yourself, even if it's just to watch tv! And i'm sure a trip with your boyfriend will help because when you go back home, you'll feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No worries. I've spent most of the day reading a shitty book and MEANING to update my website...haha. I always need a few days after the holidays to get back into real-work mode. My mom calls it "post-party depression."

    Take the NYE trip! I need to travel vicariously through you. I have no plans. I swear...if it comes down to watching Rockin' New Years Eve, I'm just going to go to bed at 9:00 and chalk it up to a loss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep....Post Holidays Blahs here too. I made NY Eve plans to volunteer at a media event benefiting Austin's Homeless.

    No drinking and helping others always kicks a crappy mood to the curb!( for me anyway)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The blahs are ok every once and a while. Its good for you. Why wait for new years to make resolutions? Whatever your goal is-start right now. (Even if you just take a baby step towards your goal)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the support, guys! Yesterday was a much better and more productive day. I wish I could just chill out for a few days, but I'm seriously too broke to do any chilling of any kind. Eek, wish me luck!

    And Barbara, I love your NYE plans! Waking up tomorrow morning without guilt and a raging headache sounds awessssome. Think of me when I'm lying in bed, curled up in a ball wishing I could just.make.it.stop.

    ReplyDelete