Saturday, December 19, 2009

My new favorite drinking game

Most people were snowed in and couldn't make it to the holiday party last night, but the intimate gathering allowed us to do something we otherwise might not have been able to. We watched The Hangover, again, and made it into a drinking game. The rules were pretty simple: Drink every time your favorite character makes you LOL. My character was Alan, so needless to say I got pretty tipsy.  

I love this part when Phil (Bradley Cooper) gives Alan shit about his man purse, to which Alan responds, "It's a satchel...Indiana Jones has one." Typically I wouldn't be in favor of the man purse, but Alan is such a badass, he can pull off pretty much anything. 

Stu is pretty damn funny, too. I love how he convinced his bitch of a girlfriend, Melissa, that they were going to a wine tasting in California instead of Vegas. Riiight. One of my favorite Stu moments was at the end when he totally told her off. He was really smart about the way he did it, too. Instead of calling her a psycho-bitch, he said, "You're such a bad person...all the way through to your core." That totally shut her up. I mean, what can you say back to that? I think everyone should try this approach. It's easy to call someone an asshole or bitch, but if you really want to get to someone, call out their insecurities or issues—that's why they're acting like an asshole in the first place anyway. People aren't just born jerks—there's always a reason behind it. 

Stu pulling out his own tooth to prove what a good dentist he is was definitely another LOL moment. God, I love this movie.

What's your favorite drinking game these days? Do you ever drink while watching movies? If you want to get really wasted, watch My Cousin Vinny and drink every time someone has the f-word. Trust me, it will work like a charm.

11 comments:

  1. My review of Hangover as it appeared on Facebook...Perhaps one of the most overrated movies I have ever seen. Can this be the same movie I've heard so much about? A bland cast, led by the crown prince of bland, Bradley Cooper, woodenly attempts to make us laugh with bargin basement sitcom humor and sub-Apatow vulgarity. They fail miserably. I can't fathom why so many people found this so hysterically funny. When it's not being dull, it's being annoying by blasting Gansta Rap music over scenes populated by yuppie white people. It's success baffles me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Joe, you feel pretty strongly about this. I was actually hesitant to see the movie when it came out because of all the hype, but I genuinely think it's hilarious. Do you typically like these kinds of comedies? I love them—Role Models, Superbad, all of them—The Hangover being my favorite. I honestly don't see how someone could NOT like it. But, everyone has a different opinion. I'm not going to waste my time trying to convince you of why it's so awesome because I have a feeling I would get nowhere!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eveyone has their own sense of humor and taste in movies. It is what makes us individuals and not clones. I liked Role Models too, hated Superbad. I think 40 Year Old Virgin may be the funniest movie in recent years.My sense of humor is more the Monty Python variety. Holy Grail is one of my all time favorite comedies as is Raising Arizona. Take no personal offense to my opinions. Being a big movie nut I like to be all Ebert when I review movies.LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My drinking game at the holidays...

    Go buy the original How the Grinch Stole Christmas (Target has it on sale for 12.99 right now). Gather a group together and bring plenty of beer. Trust me, you do not want to drink liquor unless you'd like to be comatose through the holidays. Now drink everytime the word Who is uttered in any way- spoken, sung whatever. You will be hammered at the end of the movies (which is believe has a running time of like 33 minutes!)

    And I loved the hangover and I'm not ashamed to admit it. I'm curious and concerned about their choice to do a second one though...

    ReplyDelete
  5. There was a funny drinking game circulating on the internet for the SEC championship surrounding around how sports announcers think Tim Teabow is the Messiah of football. I did not partake in it, but I think it could be modified for the Bowl Game - chug a beer each time they replay him crying, take a shot whenever they talk about him being a "special player".

    I am kinda luke-warm on the Hangover, due mostly to the fact I saw it at a drive-in during a storm, and the car battery died. There are lots of movies this holiday season I want to see.
    SCS

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Tim Tebow drinking game is stellar. It is actually from LAST season but made another appearance this season during the SEC Championship and has since been modified to include his crying. If you can get your hands on the original rules, it is a funny read.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, The Grinch That Stole Christmas game sounds AWESOME! And how do I not know about this Tim Tebow game? Maybe that's because I don't even know who he is!! You guys know I'm not too savvy on the sports front—I need to look into this!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i LOVE the hangover. i would not be able to play this game though, because i laughed the entire time. so freaking funny. alan is my favorite too. i really would like to be friends with zach galifianakis. love him.

    "hey. you guys ready to let the dogs out?"

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post, my husband I just rewatched The Hangover last night! I saw it twice in the theater. It is SO hilarious all the way through. One of the few new comedies that made me laugh the entire time. I like that it is sort of a cliche story, but it's done in not a cliche way. It's such a funny concept to not actually show you the night as it's unfolding, but just the aftermath. I like that the bride isn't at total bitch and isn't even really freaking out until a few hours before the wedding. "F-- I keep forgetting about the goddamn tiger!" I also love Stu's tiger song.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Alan is the best. I LOL when he said, "Gambling? Who said anything about gambling? It's not gambling when you know you're gonna win. Counting cards is a foolproof system." tehe

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohh good, glad you liked it just as much as I did, JKW. And you're right, it's not done in a cliche way...it's cool how they did it. At first I was like, "Nooo, I want to know what happened!!" but I ended up really liking how it unfolded. And I was thinking the same thing about the bride...I definitely wouldn't have been nearly as cool as she was!! And Doug's sunburn--OMG!

    ReplyDelete