Saturday, December 5, 2009

I'm being a Good Samariatan today

Hey, don't look so surprised. I care about people...besides myself. Sometimes. Today I'm volunteering at an arts and crafts day to spend time with kids and help them with holiday art projects. Yes, KIDS. I think I can, I think I can...I KNOW I can. Umm yeah, I've already given myself a few pep talks this morning. You know from my babysitting posts that kids just um, aren't my thing, but crafts? Lord help me. That's on a whole other level of things I suck at. For reals. There is not one crafty bone in my body.


So I was just reading over the itinerary, and apparently all the volunteers are getting an orientation before the kids arrive. Yes, please, someone teach me how to make a gingerbread house! When I was little, my gingerbread houses always sucked because I'd eat half the candy as I was making it, so it looked really bare. Needless to say, I am a little nervous about this day of fun and fulfillment. It will be just my luck that I get the only bratty kid in the bunch--you'll see, I will.

Check back for my update later this afternoon! What about you: Have you done any volunteering lately?

1 comment:

  1. how did this go?? i really wanted to go with you! next time!

    ReplyDelete