Monday, December 7, 2009

Party farting is not cool, dude

My boyfriend suggested I "chill out" with the farting posts, but what would be the fun in that? So, this past Saturday I was enjoying myself with good friends and good (read: cheap) wine at a holiday party when a dude decided to let one rip. I don't know what homeboy had for din dins, but that shit was stank. I tried to ignore the stench as it drifted up my nostrils, but to no avail. I whispered to Tiffany, "Umm, do you smell that?" She nodded her head yes, and carried on talking, but honestly I could hardly concentrate on anything she was saying. A couple minutes later I get another a whiff. Tiff and I just stared at each other in shock. Two farts in five minutes--seriously, guy? Is this your sick way of spreading holiday cheer?

It was so unavoidable that the dude's friend called him out in front of everyone. I almost started to type that I felt sorry for him, but really, I didn't. It was so gross! I mean, Manhattan apartments are pretty small, so when someone cuts one, there is no escaping it.

Farting happens, I get it. But c'mon--if you're at a party and one sneaks out--go to the bathroom! Capiche? Does anyone else have any good party farting stories? Do share!

11 comments:

  1. Now,now... everyone has his/her medium in which they express themselves, this guy's is flatulence and the air at the party was his canvas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joe, you wouldn't be so understanding if you had been at the party. It was almost unbearable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm new to your blog, but I love it.... especially this entry because I deal with this shit every day. I work at a bar – a very small bar – and it happens all the time. Some guy lets a silent-but-deadly rip and then pretends he doesn't smell it.. but then to make it worse, he starts talking louder as if talking louder will keep me from smelling it! Gross!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Nicky! Girl, I feel sorry for you. I'm sure farting is just one of the many things you have to put up with! And the talking louder thing is so true, haha. Do you live in NYC??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Actually no. I have been living in Germany for the last two years! I used to work as a reporter at a newspaper in NorCal. and after kinda having a nervous breakdown (what am I doing with my life kind of thing hahah) I decided to move here. Best decision of my life. Get to travel everywhere! The bar is my second job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, I HEAR THAT, Nicky!! Next time you have a nervous breakdown, feel free to vent here--lord knows I do it all the time :) That's soo cool that you live in Germany--I've never been. Where have you traveled to??

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been quite a few places: Ireland, England, Norway, Spain, France, Germany of course, Switzerland, Austria, Italy, Egypt and on Saturday I fly to Korea to visit a friend. Pretty stoked! Love living here cause all I want to do in life is travel! hahaha. I keep my own blog about all my travel adventures ... mostly for my parents because they feel like they are totally out of the loop, but also for myself.. you know, as a document to where I've been, what I've done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, that's amazing Nicky! What is your blog called? The only places I've been to are England and France. I'd love to travel more...when I have the $$, that is!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Here you go! http://nicole-pothier.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete