Thursday, December 3, 2009

It's my birthday and I can get drunk if I want to.

I always feel conflicted when it comes to celebrating my birthday. I never really want to make a big deal out of it, but I do like having an excuse to get all my friends together in the same room, so I usually end up throwing a party. And if you actually want people to show up, you can't really do it half-ass. Like, sending out an invite a few days ahead of time really isn't going to cut it. I wish I could be casual about it like that, and pretend I don't care if only four people show up (which would be my sister, boyfriend, Jenn and Tiffany), but if that happened, I think I'd cry my little eyes out.

So tonight's the big night (I'm totally singing the BEP song in my head right now). I'm really excited, but also a little anxious, too. Being in the spotlight is a weird feeling. I want to make sure I talk to everyone and take pics and...um, shots. It's a lot of work! But it's worth it. It's the one time of year that everything is all about me, and since I've had to share my birthday with two other people my entire life (I'm a triplet), it's a nice feeling.

The other thing I'm starting to worry about is getting too drunk--especially because I have work tomorrow. I'd like to think that I will be responsible and drink water after every shot and pace myself and blah blah blah, but c'mon, we know that ain't happenin'. I think Liza's worried too--she just emailed me and said, "What are you having for dinner? You should eat a big one." Hmm...I see pizza in my future!

Oh and I got a cute party dress from H&M to wear, along with a headband that makes a pretty big "look at me" statement. I'm not sure how that will turn out, but I'm willing to take a fashion risk.

How about you: Do you like having big parties for your birthday, or do you prefer being low-key? Stay tuned for Photo Shoot Friday tomorrow--it should be a good one!!!

5 comments:

  1. so excited i am in the city and get to help celebrate YOU! i absolutely love birthdays-mine and other people's. SO fun!! especially at this age when people have so many "groups" of friends, it is the perfect time to bring everyone together just like you said.

    p.s. i had a burrito and am listening to fratmusic.com to get myself pumped. that's right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, you're so funny. Fratmusic.com, eh? I'll have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
    shots shots shots! that song is crazy. i am constantly jealous that you, your sister, liza and tiffany have so much fun.

    continue to update so i may live vicariously through you. hhaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, where's the recap, you all hung over today? Get enough water last night? Happy belated.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the birthday wishes! Funny, I'm always living vicariously through other people, ha.

    Flip, the recap is coming. I am moving a little slow today, but it should be up around noon(ish).

    ReplyDelete