Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Who do you dress for?

Some women think about their boyfriends or husbands when deciding what to wear. And a lot of women dress for other women. Sounds weird, but it's true. There is absolutely nothing worse than looking around the room, wishing you were wearing what she had on. That sucks. I usually dress for myself, which really trickles down to the fact that I dress for other women. If I feel good, I don't care as much what anyone else is wearing.

Yesterday morning when I was looking at my closet, I knew I was going to see my boyfriend later that night, but I dressed for myself anyway. I usually try to get a bit more dressed up for him, but yesterday I decided to try this denim-on-denim trend I've been seeing everywhere. (My plantar faciitis is still bothering me a little so I couldn't wear my boots). I'm not sure if I totally pulled it off, but I liked it.

I was prepared for my boyfriend to say, "What's this you've got on?" with a quizzical look on his face, as he has done several times before. But, he didn't. He actually liked the look. Sweet. I was a bit surprised--especially because my super-tight skinny jeans and sneaks combo looked a little tomboy-ish, but hey, if the man says he likes it, I'm not going to question him!

So tell me: Who do you usually dress for? And guys, do you think it's weird that women dress for other women? (Trust me, they totally do).

No comments:

Post a Comment