Thursday, October 29, 2009

Confession: I'm a party snob sometimes, too

So remember in this post when I told you about the different party snobs I often run into when I'm out? They're B.O.B's (Better Offer Bitches), as Tiff likes to call them. Well, I've recently noticed that I, too, can be a party snob. (Hard to imagine, I know).

Just like B.O.B's, the bitchiness usually doesn't come from a mean place, but an insecure place. Sometimes I won't bother saying "hi" to someone for the simple fact that I'm not sure how they will react. Will they give me a quick half-hug and air kiss, and then slink away? Or will they be genuinely happy to see me? It's just a crap shoot really. You never know what mood people will be in when you see them out. So, sometimes as a defense mechanism, I snub people, too.

Sometimes I just cannot deal with social rejection, no matter how many vodka tonics I've had to drink that night. I usually walk into parties feeling a wee-bit insecure about what I'm wearing, so when someone totally ices me at a party, I feel even lower. It is not a fun feeling. Oh why can't I just be a stone cold bitch like Blair Waldorf?!

Has anyone else ever acted like a snob, just so they wouldn't have to deal with one? Please tell me I'm not the only one!

2 comments:

  1. don't worry, you are not. at all. we all do that!! or at least i do and i tell myself everyone else does too...either way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phew, glad I'm not the only one! Sometimes there's just no getting around those awkward run-ins.

    ReplyDelete