Sunday, October 4, 2009

Do you have friends for different reasons?

I do. Well, obviously, anyone who is my friend is someone I deem as a sweet, caring and fun person, but there are friends I turn to for different reasons. I have friends I like to gossip with; friends I vent to when I'm having a "fat day"; friends I love talking about career goals with; friends I call to party with and friends I go to when I need straight up advice. When you're younger, it's easier to have friends who meet most of your needs because you're all on an equal playing field. But now I have friends younger and older than me; most are married (and some are starting to have babies, whoa!) and a lot live far away and have totally different careers, so it's hard to get everything I need from just one person. Even my best friends. 

My sis, Liza, is the only person that is my everything-friend. Even though we're at different stages of our lives with certain things, I can go to her with anything, and I know she will understand and genuinely care. Whether it's something serious or totally frivolous, we can go to each other knowing the other person will just get it. I feel incredibly lucky!

What about you: Do you have friends for different reasons? And do you have an everything-friend like I do?

2 comments:

  1. Cool picture, where is that? Great point about the even playing field, but growing apart as we get older, I never thought of it like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pic was taken at Tim's cookout this summer!

    ReplyDelete