Wednesday, September 23, 2009

What's the worst pick up line you've ever heard?

The other day I was on the subway minding my own business wearing this sweatshirt:
  
 All of a sudden I hear a guy shout, "Hey lifeguard, how much?" I—not totally 100% sure he's talking to me—ignore him. Then again, "How much?!" Uggghh. I look over and say "how much what?" "For the sweatshirt," he says. He tried to keep the conversation ABOUT MY SWEATSHIRT going, but I quickly shut him down with the "Are you serious right now?" expression on my face. I know it's not easy for a guy to strike up a conversation with a girl, but come. on. I think I would have preferred something cliche like "Heaven's missing an angel" instead of the lame lines he was spitting. 

Now I don't know if this is my lucky (more like unlucky) sweatshirt or what, but later on that day, a guy said to me, "Could you save me if I was drowning?" I looked at him out of the side of my eye and kept walking. But then he said, "No? It's not going to work this time?" in a confident way that showed me he knew how ridiculous he sounded. I have to give him props for calling himself out. 

I don't know what it is with guys hitting on me when I'm looking like a total scrub. Check out a similar story here

Tell me: What's the worst pick up line you've heard? The best?

14 comments:

  1. Well, walking to the deli from my apartment, a hobo said to me, "Hey baby, can i have your name and number, and a quarter to call you." Yes...seriously!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I don't know if anyone will be able to top that one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok, this is humiliating, but also hilarious so i will share. the other weekend (yes, recently) i drank enough beers to decide that this really cute guy and i were giving each other a look. he was not making a move, so (upon some unwarranted and unneeded encouragement from my friend) i went up to him and said the following:

    "here is what is going to happen. later, you are going to ask me for my number and i am going to give it to you and then we are going to go on a date. ok?"

    needless to say, this did not work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you topped it! Maybe next time you can use my pick-up line, might work, lol. But it took balls to even say it to the guy in the first place, good job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. When you see a cute guy you can say, "Hey do you need a band-aid? Cuz you're cut". Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was 15 when I went to Scotland, and a guy in a pub asked me what I had done that day:
    S - I went to Loch Ness, actually.
    McDude - Did you see the Lock Ness Monster?
    S - Ha, no. No luck.
    McDude - Would you like to?

    EEEK!

    Walked right into that one. I like the homeless guy's request that Jizzelle mentioned.

    SCS

    ReplyDelete
  8. i am such a sucker for corny pick-up lines. they work so much better on me! at least when the guy knows he is being corny and is sort of making fun of himself. it shows he a good sense of humor right?

    and i'm sorry, but the band-aid line literally makes me laugh out loud every time i hear it. seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  9. haha the band-aid line is the best! Go try it out today...you'll be thanking me. Well maybe not =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You guys are so funny, I had never heard of the Band-Aid one before! I like this one: "I really like your shirt....it would look a lot better crumpled up next to my bed." hehe, scandalous :)

    And MA, sorry the guy wasn't receptive to your pick-up line...he must be a loser. What was his response??

    And Shannon, omg, I would be scarred for life if someone said that to me...especially at 15! groosss

    ReplyDelete
  11. One of my all-time faves is "F- me if I'm wrong, but isn't your name Karen?" Maybe not effective, but at least it made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  12. One day as I was walking through my college campus I walked passed this guy who said, "You walk nice." Um...thanks? I'm just trying to get to class. Then, he proceeded to turn around to watch me walk away. Awkward!

    But my favorite cheesy pick up line is: Is that a keg in your back pocket? Cause I'd like to tap that ass! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  13. you haven't heard the band-aid line ellen? another similar line is "do you have any duct tape? because i'm ripped" bahahaha. love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kara, LOVE that line. And no, I hadn't heard of the band-aid line until today...thanks for educating me ladies :)

    Kate+Kourt: That is so...random! "You walk nice"??? That's almost as bad as the guy trying to convince me to sell him the sweatshirt off my back. I HATE when I see guys blatantly checking out a girl's ass. I always stare them down and give an "eww" face so they know they're busted.

    ReplyDelete