Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Are you a vintage store shopper?

Whenever I compliment a friend on something she's wearing, and she tells me it's vintage, I just want to scream. I almost never find cool, one-of-a-kind pieces. Well, I also don't really try (I hate to shop), but that's besides the point. Last weekend I stopped by my friend, Lauren's, vintage boutique called Library in Charleston, SC.

Lauren told me that the reason she opened the store is because she's tired of wearing the same things as everyone else. I feel ya, sister! Lauren had the coolest displays, but sadly, I don't think my pathetic photography skills did them justice. (So just imagine everything you see being five times better!)I was immediately drawn to this rack of bright-colored dresses. There's no reason to look drab this fall--color is IN! It wasn't long before I found my favorite, I-want-to-buy-this-NOW dress.

This dress is simple, but very me. Plus, I love the vintage feel, and how you could wear it many different ways, dressed up or down.

I really liked the boots too, and we know from the post below that I need a new pair. However, we also know how sad my bank account is at the moment, so new boots are on hold for now.

Aren't these blue peep-toe shoes adorable? Lauren said she travels all over from New York to Arizona to find her pieces. What a fun job!

Click here to find out more about Library.

Tell me: Are you a vintage store shopper? Do you have the patience to scour rack after rack to find the perfect pieces? It's hard work, but worth it!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so with you on this! I love one off pieces too, however you'd really have to go into the city (London), to find cool quirky vintage boutiques, especially Camden. There are some in Bushey where I live, however they are way too expensive and you would see all the ladies wearing them.

    Your friends shop looks lovely! I guess it would be too much to ask if she ships overseas! HA HA.

    p.s Good Luck with the wedding magazine! I hope you treat yourself with your first paycheque! Loves M xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. She might ship overseas...go to her site and see! (It's still under construction, but her email is on there if you want to contact her!)

    ReplyDelete