Sunday, September 13, 2009

My new favorite YouTube video

Do you have the back-to-work blues this Monday? No problem, I gotchu. Yesterday when I was in Union Square doing street reporting for Glamour, my photographer friend, Dan, showed me this hilarious video on his iPhone. (We work really hard, but need a small break from time to time and this was the perfect comic relief.) These fabulous fellows did their own rendition of Miley's "Party in the U.S.A." If you're at work, prepare to LOL around the 1:40 mark. 



Funny, right? Watch it several more times, it only gets funnier and funnier. It even had Luke laughing after the fifth time I made him watch it. Supposedly Miley has seen it and thinks it's awesome. 

After we were done with our reporting (thank you to all the NICE and cute guys and couples in NYC that entertained my questions!), we went to Rosa Mexicano for lunch. We were so hungry I think we all were about thisclose to sticking our faces inside the guacamole bowl and licking it clean. Well, as you can see, Dan pretty much did.


 This YouTube vid has inspired me to do one of my own. But, I really don't want it to suck. 

Click here to return to the homepage.

Any ideas on what I should do? I'll be at the beach in Charleston, SC next week—girls, are you up for attempting a remake of the video above? C'mon, it would be hilarious!!

10 comments:

  1. Shut Up! Ellen, I was thinking the same thing when Megan sent this to me!! You know The Hot Shots are always up for a show, not sure how we could pull it off, but it could be really funny!! I'll watch again and start practicing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, keep watching and memorizing the words to the song...we will make it happen. Luke just bought a video camera!!! Maybe Ignacio can make a cameo!!! He's kind of dying/deflating, but he will pull through. Too bad none of us have rock hard bodies and 6-pack abs like these guys! Oh well, they don't have boobs—that will be our advantage ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey! i forget why y'all are coming to chas again, but would love to meet up for lunch, wine or something. call me (843) 302-9892 - renee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Renee! We are coming for a wedding. We'll be a little busy with wedding stuff, but I know we'll be out and about, so we should def try to meet up at night at least! I'll program your number :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ellen! I'm actually commenting ON YOUR BLOG and not on fb -- this vid is AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yaaay! So good to see you on here Kara :) Glad u like the vid...do you think it's possible to recreate it or should I just not even go there??

    ReplyDelete
  7. ahhhh hahaha. that is sooo funny! can we recreate the wedding party that did Chris Brown down the Isle too?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes we will, Tiffany. Start learning the lyrics, ladies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Party in the USA was on my radio as I drove to work today...I was nodding my head like "yea" moving my hips like "yea" and then I had to watch the video again.

    I wanted to hate it...can't. Too campy. Too silly. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha, niiice. I'm picturing you do that now, funny visual! I know, I didn't want to like it either, but it's too hard not too.

    ReplyDelete