Monday, February 15, 2010

The word of the day is JOB. J-O-B. Job!

Mornin'! Well, I'm just on my way out the door for work. Yes, WORK. Is it THE job? No. But that's Ok. For now. I got a part-time job in a clothing boutique in Brooklyn called Goldy+Mac, and today is my first day! It's really cute and the people are super-cool, so I think it's going to be a great experience. Plus, the extra money will be really nice, not to mention I will have human interaction during the day a few times a week!


It was really time for me to DO something. Not everyone can be like Craig and Smokey, and just avoid reality and blaze up blunts all day long. I'd rather have a fun part-time job working with interesting people, than a "real" job that's boring and could potentially distract me from going after what I really want. I'm not sure exactly what that is yet, but I guess I'll know when it happens!

Life happens when you're busy making other plans, as the saying goes. So we'll just have to sit back and wait for the next chapter of my life to be written. Ohh, I hope it's a good one!

Wish me luck today--I'm actually kind of nervous! Do you think I made a smart decision by taking this job? Who wants to write the next chapter of my life for me? Make it interesting!

8 comments:

  1. Yay Ellen! Congrats on the job! I think it was a smart decision to take the job - you never know who you might meet or ideas you may gain for the next step in your career. Good luck and have fun! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's good news! Good luck on your first day ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't realize it was Friday?
    Best of luck today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you feel like you made the right desicion...then you did! GOODLUCK GIRLIE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely. It's always easier to get another job once you have one, plus, working at a clothing boutique means DISCOUNTS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, guys! Yes, the clothing allowance ROXXX! At least now I won't be bitching (as much)about not having anything to wear, haha. Yeah, I feel like I made the right decision. I'm just happier when I'm busy and making money, and when I'm happy, it spills over into other areas in my life and makes me more motivated. It might take a few days to adjust my routine and keep the posts coming more regularly, so bear with me!

    ReplyDelete