Yesterday at work I totally got schooled by a customer on how to gift wrap. Like, she reached over the counter, grabbed tissue paper and started wrapping her own purchase! I had hardly even gotten started, so I'm not sure what caused this outburst. (Perhaps it was my shaky hands or the look of terror on my face that gave me away?) So yep, that brings me to numero uno.
1. Gift wrapping. Cutting, folding, taping, making things look neat and pretty--it's just not my thing.
2. Skiing. I haven't done it since 1997. Everyone assured me I'd be good at it since I'm athletic. Nope. I'm the girl doing the "pizza wedge" all the way down the bunny slopes. I've even caused a chairlift pile-up a time or two due to my inability to gracefully stand up and ski away. I like to fall over and trip the people behind me with my skis.
3. Lying. I'm particularly bad at it when someone asks me if I like their outfit and I um, don't. So, if you have an inkling that what you're wearing might be fug, please do not ask for my opinion.
4. Karaoke. To be successful at karaoke, you either have to be: a.) A really great singer b.) A really terrible singer (think Cameron Diaz in My Best Friend's Wedding) or c.) Funny and entertaining. Naturally, I'm the funniest person you know, but I'm just not karaoke-funny. Whatever that is.
5. Massages. I know, I know, everyone is taking pity on my boyfriend and wondering what other things I might be bad at. It's just the massages, ok?
All this self-deprecation is wearing me out! Your turn: What do you suck at?