I'm in a bit of a bitchy mood this morning, so why not BITCH!? Off the top of my head, in no particular order, here are some of my biggest pet peeves:
1. People who don't respond to emails. It's rude. Whether it's personal or business-related, I just can't stand when someone doesn't acknowledge an email I sent. Sure, people get busy, but there really is no excuse for it to happen on the regular. An "I'm so sorry, I'm swamped right now, I'll get back to you in a few days," will suffice. Do SOMETHING to let me know you received my email.
2. When someone walks into a overly crowded yoga class TEN MINUTES LATE and insists on finding a spot for her mat even though there, um, isn't one. She usually doesn't even give the pathetic, but effective Will you please scoot over? eyes. She'll just shimmy her way perfectly into place, and now YOU are stuck for the rest of the class smacking the person next to you in the face.
3. Idiots at the Post Office. I will never ever go to the Post Office without reading material again! Yesterday I was in line for 45 minutes because so many morons didn't know how to mail their packages. One girl didn't even write the address on hers! What, you want the post man to GUESS where it's going? She went up to the counter eight times before she finally got it right. I counted.
4. Name dropping. It doesn't impress me. What else you got? Well, that's a lie, it depends on what names you are dropping. If you're gonna do it, make it GOOD.
5. Guys on the subway who sprawl their legs out. And take up two seats when other people, even pregnant women, are standing. Dude, I know you think you look chill and cool and oh trust me, you do, but it's inconsiderate.
6. Rich people who look shiteous all the time. Ok, so you don't have style or class—pay someone who does to help you. Like that Vienna chick on The Bachelor who's "used to getting everything she wants?" Get a better weave, woman!
7. People who use Facebook to prove to the world just.how.HAPPY they are. Shut up. I don't believe you.
8. People who WANT you to hear their conversation. There have been many times when Liza and I have been at a restaurant, and noticed that the girls next to us started talking louder...and LOUDER as soon as we sit down. And they're cussing and talking about who they hooked up with the night before. Ew.
9. Guys who diss you in a lame attempt to strike up conversation. Like, "Man, you looked pissed!" A guy said that to me the other week when I went to get a drink at the bar. Granted, I probably did have my "serious" face on because I was by myself, waiting on my friends to arrive. The dude went on and on about how pissed I looked, and I could tell he thought he was being cute and clever. Hey Adam from California, you were neither.
10. When someone asks for more than one tasting sample at Tasti-D-Lite. This happens every time I go. The sign says ONE, lady—stop holding up the line. Sure, in a perfect world I would hop over the counter and stick my mouth under the machine and pour as much cool, creamy, froyo into my mouth as I wanted. But I don't. Why? Because I follow the rules.
Ahh, I'm feeling better already. What about you: What are your pet peeves?