Monday, February 22, 2010

Mayor Bloomberg gave me career advice. No biggie.

When I was at the Job Hunt press conference the other week, I asked Mayor Bloomberg his thoughts on whether or not it's okay to be selective with your job search, even if you're muy desperado like me. Turns out, not only is it OK, he encourages it! Check his response below, right from the Mayor's mouth!



It's funny, I'm pretty sure he assumed I was a recent college grad, but hey, I'm not complaining. Unfortunately, I was a hot ass mess back then, and now...six years later. Yikes. But, I'm not alone--it's crazy to think that even the mayor of New York struggled to pay rent at one time! I'm pretty sure every successful person has faced adversity at one time or another. Even Diddy.

So what do you think of the Mayor's advice? What's the best career advice you've ever received? And who's going to be tuning in to Job Hunt tomorrow night?!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! So cool that he answered your question. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I was SO pumped! He was really cool. It's always nice when someone lives up to your expectations!

    ReplyDelete