Tuesday, February 16, 2010

How much do you gossip?

On a scale of 1-10, I'd say I'm about a 4 or 5. Hey, I'm human. It's usually pretty harmless, and most of the time I can justify it with the "I'm just stating the truth" excuse. Like, yes, she was acting like a bitch...or, he's just using her for sex...or, her shoes are fug. Ya know, normal stuff.

And sometimes you just need to vent when a friend is grating on your nerves or lets you down, again. I hate when I complain about someone, and then ten minutes later they do or say something really sweet. That always makes me feel like shit, and I vow to never do it again. Until I do. And the cycle repeats itself. Ugh.

I have two friends, Logan and Jess, who have never EVER spoken a bad word against anyone--even when it is totally deserved. It blows my mind. I can say something like, "Wasn't it really rude the way she snapped at you?" and they'll just shrug it off and change the subject. Sometimes I try to egg them on just to see if they will finally give in and cut loose on someone, but nope. I have never succeeded. I need to be more like that 'cause I do believe in karma.

Ohh and what I really miss is WORK gossip. C'mon, who's got some good dish?! And how much would you say you gossip on a scale of 1 t0 10? I won't judge.

4 comments:

  1. I love, love, LOVE work gossip. Within my little lunch-time social group, I'm probably a 7 on the gossip scale. Aside from that group in the workplace, I do not say a peep to anyone about anyone else in the workplace.

    I love sharing gossip with my fiance about anyone and everyone. The exception is when a friend asks me not to tell anyone at all.

    In my circle of friends, I don't gossip much. When I was in junior high, I gossiped about a good friend and ultimately lost her as a friend so I tend to hold my tongue about people who really matter to me. I'm probably a 4 or 5 in my personal life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would say I ma probably a 2 or 3. Not too bad. I tend to stay away from it because I have been hurt way too many times from the gossip train. But sometimes the harmless...did you see what she was wearing?!?! Never hurt anything!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barbara, how are you going to hold out on us like that?!

    Yeah, Kim, I'm good about not dishing on something if the person makes it a point to tell me not to. Sometimes it KILLS me not to tell my sis or boyfriend something, but it just feels so wrong when someone asks you not to.

    Haha, totally MHP! Sometimes an "OMG, did you SEE that outfit!" is totally called for. ;)

    ReplyDelete