When I did this post about the things I suck at, a few people wanted to then know what I rocked at. This, my friends, is a harder list to make. I'm good at plenty of things, but I don't totally kick ass at anything. I'm not a sudoku master, or a Scrabble whiz—I can't even make a mean omelette or remember all the words to my favorite rap songs. I just called my boyfriend to brainstorm with me, and he was no help. (Being a caring person and a good listener doesn't count, hun!) Right. Looks like I'm tackling this one alone. So, here we have it. Things I don't suck at:
1. Dr. Mario. I spent the better part of my childhood trying to find something I could beat my brother at, and finally, one day it happened. I defeated him in a game of Dr. Mario. Out of the thousands of games we played after that, I probably only won like three more times, but that's besides the point. I did actually kick a little ass in that game, and I frequently beat his friends, too. For some reason I was a master at quickly lining up those pills in just the right order. Now, as for every other Nintendo game, that's a different story. Trying to save the princess from the fire-spewing dragon? Forget about it.
2. Jager bombs. Ain't no thang, y'all. Tip it back, down the hatch, BOOM. Gimme another. (Flinching is not involved.)
3. Pop-A-Shot. Ya know that basketball game you see in arcades? I can beat you at it. Yes, I can. (After all, I am from Kentucky. John Wall, WHAT!?) A few months ago I schooled a group of dudes in a Pop-A-Shot competition at a loft party. That is, until I got fall-on-my-face wasted.
4. Side planks. Remember this post when I told you about how competitive I can be in yoga class and showed you my best move? Yes, the side plank. Since that post, I have perfected the pose—my hips are higher, my leg is straight, wobbling is at a minimum. There are lots of yogis far more superior than I am, but I have yet to see one who can do a better side plank.
5. The worm. Everyone thinks they can do the worm until they try and realize...they can't. I discovered this talent in high school. I catch mad air, yo. My skillz are sick. I can't do it drunk though—I learned that the hard way.
So, what do you think about my list? What special talents do you have? Go on, start bragging!