Monday, March 8, 2010

29 going on 70

Remember the conditioning class I was so nervous about last week? Well, that was on Thursday and somehow I am STILL sore. And my left hip hurts. What the heck? I know I'm not a spring chicken, but isn't 29 the new 20 or some shit like that? I feel like I'm 70! I'm a broke down Chevy in dire need of an oil change. 

In the past, I'd take a day or two off working out if I was really sore. But now I'm a little more educated, and I know that if I don't get my ass moving at least a little bit, lactic acid will build up in my muscles and cause me to feel even more sore. So Friday I did yoga and an moderate elliptical workout, and Saturday I did an easy 3.5 mile run in the park. It was painful at first, but I felt a bit better afterwards. But this hip just won't quit! 

I'm not one of those people who freaks out about getting older, but aching joints just isn't cool. What differences have you noticed in your body as you've gotten older? And how do you deal with your aches and pains?

5 comments:

  1. Ellen~

    Take a good dose of fish oil, it helps muscle soreness in a BIG way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You might have pulled something, LN.. How much water are you drinking pre-workout?? But if you are "just" sore, then I think you might have used muscles you aren't used to working to fatigue.. Drinl water and quit complaining, hahahaha!!! JK..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sitting here on blogger all day, aging faster than i should be- tell you some more on that lactic acid stuff- my rear can't quite hear you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fish oil?!?! Ahh, do I HAVE to?

    Foster, I drink tons of water all day long, thank you very much! I didn't stretch enough pre-workout though. And I think I did pull something...I could practically feel my muscles ripping as I was doing walking lunges, it was awful!

    LOL Warrior! The computer makes me very lazy at times too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ellen! I've been having right hip pain for a week and a half! I think I strained something running. I guess our joints just aren't as well-oiled as they used to be! Fish oil here I come=)

    ReplyDelete