Monday, August 17, 2009

It's Luke's birthday and I'm the one getting presents!!!

Yesterday when I was at Luke's apartment, I saw this tucked away in a corner:

 He went to ZARA without me?! was my first thought. "Get anything good?" I asked in an unconvincing upbeat tone. "Yeah, just a shirt—take a look and let me know what you think," he said. As I opened the bag,  my eyes turned into saucers, my heart started beating faster...I was staring down at this:


It's the shoes. The shoes I told you about on Saturday that I absolutely must have this fall, but mostly likely wouldn't be able to get. Can you believe it? Today is Luke's birthday and I'm the one getting presents. I seriously almost started crying as I was staring at the shoes and thinking about the dinky $25.99 present I got him. The next time I have a full on meltdown because I haven't had a manicure in 90 days (but who's counting?), or can't go shopping with my friends, please, someone slap me across the face and remind me of this moment. Slap me hard.

Unfortunately, I just don't have the money to buy him anything else for his birthday. So in an attempt to start his day off a little more special than usual, I pulled my groceries together and made him this for breakfast:



I know it doesn't look like anything special, but Luke usually gets a large fruit salad every day for breakfast, so at least this was something different. (Plus, fruit leaves you hungry an hour after you eat it—he really should have a heartier breakfast anyway!) This is half of a toasted whole wheat bagel with scrambled eggs (one egg white, one regular) and nonfat cheddar cheese. Add a little pepper and you have a tasty, healthy and easy breakfast! I don't normally love nonfat cheese, but for some reason when it's a little melted, it tastes so much better. 

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to celebrating Luke's birthday tonight. I think I'll wear my new shoes. Hmm, now I just need to figure out what to wear them with!

4 comments:

  1. awww I'm so happy for you! That must've felt like heaven lol; He pretty much knows how to make you smile ^_^
    awww He sweet enough to get you those, that's totally cute :) and do take pics when you're gonna be wearing them! ^_^ ooohhh! hot shoes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. O, you're so sweet! I'll pass along the bday wishes to Luke :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is SUPER sweet! You are so lucky. Guys never do that!!!

    ReplyDelete