Thursday, August 13, 2009

Grocery Trip

Ok, so I promise my blog hasn't been taken hostage by some weirdo who only wants to post pictures of broccoli and write about trips to the grocery store. However, you all know how excited I was to buy groceries today, so I thought I'd share. 



I had $50 to spend, so I had to make my selections very carefully. I got:
-Fruit: Cherries, 3 apples, grapes
-Veggies: 5 peppers, 1 onion, broccoli (more broccoli!), green beans, 1 sweet potato
-Other: Chicken breasts, 6 eggs, skim milk, Fiber One honey clusters cereal

What I wanted to get but couldn't:
-ICE CREAM
-Grated cheddar cheese
-Pepper (seasoned veggies, who needs 'em?)
-Arugula
-Cherry tomatoes

And it wouldn't be fair if I failed to mention that I broke down and got this little treat later in the afternoon:
Grande. Skim. Latte. My three favorite (well, almost favorite) words in the world. I think a study needs to be done on how Starbucks is an instant mood booster. Are endorphins released when you step foot inside? I wouldn't doubt it.

Anyway, I'm off to meet Jenn and Tiffany for a fashion event and then dinner. Hope I don't run into any of the usual suspects. I'm so not in the mood!

No comments:

Post a Comment